The Strang Funeral Home of Antioch began in 1912 by Leland Strang. In 1933, a move was made to the current location which at the time was the Charles Thorn Farm house. There were two acres of ground that gave room for the expansion in 1941. Ed Strang grew up in Antioch and worked for his father since 1931. At that time the funerals that had been held in the family homes changed, and were held at the funeral home. In 1950, he purchased the business which had grown in structure, but more importantly in service to the community. There was extensive remodeling of the building in 1962 which was the 50th Anniversary of the business, and considerable upkeep since that time. After the retirement of Ed Strang in 1976, Dan Dugenske, who had been on staff since 1959, became the new owner. In 2012 David Moore took position as new owner of Strang Funeral Home; he and the staff continue to be dedicated to the families they serve in the Wisconsin and Illinois areas.